6A Girls: Day One (first session)...
By Robert Przybylo
6:09 – Wrapped up session one with Norman winning 40-34 against Edmond Memorial. Absolute slugfest would be the best way to describe this one.
Olivia Meek came up huge for the Tigers, scoring 11 points. Alie Decker came alive in the fourth for Memorial, scoring nine of her 11 points in the quarter as Memorial rallied from an eight-point deficit.
But the Tigers never panicked, not once.
4:14 – The Bombers defense was incredible in the second half and the girls cruised to a 44-24 win. Kaylon Williams had 16 points while Richa Jackson had 11 for MWC.
Jackson was also named the Oklahoma Gatorade Player of the Year on Thursday, so congrats to her on that.
Even though the shots weren’t falling, just had a feeling that defense was going to be too much for Jim Stacy’s girls.
Here at halftime with Norman up 15-14 on Edmond Memorial, another low-scoring affair so far. Norman’s Kim Hayes hit a 3 at the buzzer to give the Tigers the lead.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients