6A Girls: Looking back and ahead...
By Robert Przybylo
Class 6A Girls semifinals
At Mabee Center
Norman vs. Edmond North, 7:30 p.m.
Midwest City vs. Edmond Santa Fe, 9 p.m.
For coverage of MWC’s 44-24 first-round win, go here.
For coverage of Norman’s 40-34 first-round win, go here.
For coverage of Edmond North’s 53-42 first-round win, go here.
For coverage of Edmond Santa Fe’s 58-54 first-round win, go here.
Boneman’s thoughts and observations
- The MWC defense is scary good. The Bombers never looked scared because even though their shots weren’t falling, when you have that type of defense, you’re set.
Nothing too special about it, just imposing size and freakish skill. If you’re going to have any chance against Art Bode’s girls, you’re going to need to be hot from the perimeter because you’re not working the ball down low.
First time I’ve seen Richa Jackson this year, and she lived up to the billing. But I must say that Kaylon Williams is quite the player as well.
- Memorial-Norman was my favorite game of the day. Two teams playing each other for the third time this season. Interesting to see the chess match going on between Matilda Mossman and Shane Coffey.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients