Private schools girls: On a mission...
By Robert Przybylo
The ending of the season in the private school realm was a little disappointing for the girls. And with stars like CHA’s Meagan Henson and Mt. St. Mary’s Liana Garcia (among others) leaving, it will be interesting to see what happens. OCS’ Dani Childress should really become a name to remember next year.
One of the bigger moments of the season will happen in July with the ADM. Heritage Hall would really benefit from moving down to 3A while the Irish might benefit to a move up to 5A.
This year’s disappointment should be a driving force all summer, fall and winter for Jennifer Frakes’ squad. It’s sad that girls like Cara Pugh and Lissy Fuller won’t get the opportunity to play for a state championship, but look at the talent that is coming back.
It’s going to start with a healthy Caroline Cameron. She was having a fantastic start to the season before tearing her ACL against Edmond North. In the post, Alexa Lienhard and Elyse Hight are going to give opponents’ fits just like they did this season.
The only question will be is how long will the mental hangover last? I wasn’t at Midwest City when the Irish were taken out by Clinton, but I’m sure it still stings right now.
The Chargers lose one of the best pure scorers I saw this season in Murphy Burns, but D Brown does return. Brown had to carry a lot of the load this season when the team was faced with pressure defenses.
However, Carter Cloud will be a year older and ready to do more and look for BreAuna Gaddis to absolutely explode next season for Leslie Warner’s club.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients