Norman standouts ready for Gregg Byram Track Classic
Norman’s Tanner Satterthwaite, the top-ranked 3,200-meter runner in Class 6A, will head a loaded field in the two-mile run at Saturday’s Gregg Byram Track Classic.
The meet, which is held at Norman High School, will feature a 3,200-meter race that includes the top four finishers from the 6A boys cross country state meet. Champion Victor Others from Ponca City, runner-up Toby Bothwell of Westmoore and Norman North’s Dustin Barrier are among those who will join Satterthwaite in the elite field.
Norman also has the top-ranked 3,200 runner in 6A girls track in defending champion Megan Johnson. The Tigers also feature Parker Bowles, who is ranked first in both the 800 meters and 1,600, and Nyla James, who has the fastest time in the state in Class 6A in the girl’s 300-meter hurdles.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients