Report: Hall to be named BTW coach; Hall says nothing official
By Ryan Aber
Star Spencer coach Darrell Hall will be named the football coach at Tulsa Washington, the Tulsa World reported Sunday.
“There’s a chance something could happen,” Hall told The Oklahoman, while emphasizing that nothing was official. “I’m pretty content at Star.
Tulsa Public Schools has called a press conference at 1 p.m. Monday at Tulsa Washington to announce the school’s new football coach.
Hall would replace Antwain Jimmerson, who resigned in January after being suspended during the season following an eligibility scandal at the school.
In a press release issued Sunday, TPS athletic director Stephanie Spring said “school administrators want to keep a tight lid on the new coach’s identity. Suffice it to say, he’s no stranger to the winner’s circle and certainly has what it takes to lead the Hornets to another championship game.”
Tulsa Washington won the Class 5A title in 2008, its first championship since 1984.
Hall coached the Bobcats to the Class 4A title–the first football championship in school history–last year.
In seven seasons at Star Spencer, Hall is 57-28.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients