Hall officially named coach at BTW
BY RYAN ABER
Tulsa Washington made it official Monday, naming Star Spencer coach Darrell Hall as the Hornets’ coach.
“It’s one of the top jobs in the state,” Hall said Sunday evening.
Hall acknowledged some internal conflict between staying at Star Spencer and leaving for Tulsa Washington.
In the end, the draw of one of the most successful programs in the state was too much to pass up for Hall.
The Hornets have won seven championships in their history, the last coming in 2008.
Last year, Washington was expected to contend again for a gold ball. But those hopes came crashing down when head coach Antwain Jimmerson was suspended without pay for the rest of the school year on Oct. 27. Jimmerson’s Hornets were forced to forfeit three games, eventually keeping Washington out of the playoffs for the first time in Jimmerson’s 10 years there.
Hall’s Bobcats finishes last season on an 11-game winning streak, culminating in a Class 4A state championship, the school’s first in football.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5174Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5084Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4203'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients