Private schools honor: Matt Silver, Casady...
By Robert Przybylo
First full week of spring sports is in the books, and it was an eventful one. It’s always interesting to see who will start to be among the common names you’re going to see throughout the season.
Definitely have one at Casady in Matt Silver, who is this week’s Private Schools Player of the Week. Whether it’s with the bat or on the mound, Silver has been huge for the Cyclones.
He had three hits in a big win against Oklahoma Christian and on did a little bit of everything in a 4-1 win against All Saints on Saturday.
He was the winning pitcher and added three hits with an RBI.
Ryan Shelley, Casady, Baseball: A warrior all year battling that wrist injury, Shelley had two hits and a home run in a loss Friday.
Barry Sanders, Heritage Hall, Baseball: Not too bad with a bat in his hand as he is with a football. Sanders had three hits and a home run in a big win against Bethany.
Cooper Cloud, Heritage Hall, Baseball: Guess it’s a natural transition from being a quarterback to a pitcher as Cloud was solid on the mound in a 9-1 win against Kellyville.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients