Carl Albert's Gooch goes 2-for-2
I’m not sure which was stronger Tuesday, the level of competition or the wind at the Edmond Memorial Bulldog Invitational at Kickingbird Golf Course in Edmond.
All three Edmond teams were there, along with teams from Carl Albert, Oklahoma Christian and a few other top programs.
I mentioned in Monday’s paper that Norman North would get another shot at Edmond North, as both are among the state’s top teams, but I found out shortly after arriving at the course Tuesday morning that the Timberwolves only took their junior varsity. So their next shot at the Huskies will be next Monday at a 36-hole event in Enid.
Carl Albert’s Talor Gooch shot a 1-over-par 71 Tuesday to win by a stroke over Edmond Memorial’s Taylor Moore and Casady’s John Ratliff. Gooch has played two tournaments this spring and the Oklahoma State signee has won them both.
Five other golfers had 75 or better on Tuesday, which was pretty impressive with the crazy wind blowing across the course, as well as the slick greens.
Edmond North edged Memorial by three shots for the team title, followed by Edmond Santa Fe.
Putnam City North and Yukon each had strong team outings, finishing at 315 and 316 respectively. Yukon won its first tournament of the year before spring break, and PC North had a little bit slower start, but both look to have some solid golfers.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients