Tennis: Heritage tourney will tell a lot...
By Robert Przybylo
Getting ready to cover my third Heritage Hall Tournament of Champions tennis event this weekend, but it definitely feels a little different.
Bishop McGuinness will not be there and that almost makes me want to put an asterisk * next to all girls’ winners. The Irish do not compete in athletic events on Easter weekend, no matter what. I understand. As a Catholic, it will feel weird watching tennis on Good Friday.
But this isn’t a religious discussion, it’s a tennis one. And just because the Irish aren’t there, doesn’t mean all the other top teams won’t be.
Special thanks to Heritage coach Dick Villaflor for sending me the teams.
Girls: Heritage Hall, Edmond Memorial, Edmond North, Shawnee, Broken Arrow, Duncan, Jenks and Enid.
Boys: Heritage Hall, Edmond Memorial, Edmond North, Putnam City North, Union, Carl Albert, Ada, Metro Christian.
That boys field is really fun and loaded. I’ll be out there all day Friday (girls) and Saturday (boys). Hope it doesn’t rain Friday, but that’s the word on the street. Enid, Edmond North and Jenks is a great preview of the Class 6A race.
I’ll predict Putnam North’s Chris Haworth takes the No. 1 singles title and Heritage Hall’s Julie Labarthe does the same on the girls side, but that’s all you’re getting from me. Looking forward to it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients