Ed North: Tennis teams smokin' early...
By Robert Przybylo
The girls are the defending state champions and the boys are off to a terrific start as the Edmond North tennis teams continue to be one of the top programs in the state.
Led by defending champion Rachel Mitcham at No. 1 singles, the Huskies are solid at the singles spots.
The doubles’ positions are still a work in a progress, but a big showing at Friday’s Heritage Hall Tournament of Champions would go a long way in fixing that.
There are no such issues for the boys, who have won four tournaments this year. Anchored by Casey Distaso and Nick Jordan in the singles spots, the Huskies are one of the deepest teams in the state.
The top three teams for the boys (Putnam City North, Tulsa Union and Edmond North) will all be at Heritage on Saturday.
People weren’t sure how the program was going to do with Dee Wallar taking over a couple of years ago. Those days are gone as Wallar has done a great job.
She admits she’ll never be 100 percent comfortable with tennis, but she has shown as much dedication in trying to learn more about the game as the kids have out on the court.
All I ask is that the rain go away Friday. Too many gloom and doom predictions.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients