Perry: Girls tennis on a roll...
By Robert Przybylo
I asked for more tennis news, and I got some. Seriously, you can never send me enough.
In the lower classes, it’s easy to get enamored with private school tennis. But the Perry girls are showing there is some solid play outside of the private realm.
The girls placed third last year and have won all four tournaments they’ve participated in this year, including the US Grant Invitational at the OKC Tennis Center (my home away from home) on Wednesday.
Perry earned titles from Lauryn Sullins (No. 2 singles), Trisha Punneo and Tori Wilde (No. 1 doubles) and Emily Brown and Nicole Sadler (No. 2 doubles). No. 1 singles player Krysta Mitchell placed third.
Sullins is 12-0 this season, and the future has to be bright for the program as Sullins and Brown are both just freshmen.
Perry is back Friday for the Guthrie Invitational at the OKC Tennis Center. Should be a great test as it is a Class 5A-heavy field: Guthrie, Deer Creek, Ada, Carl Albert, Altus, Stillwater and Duncan JV.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients