Defense, balanced scoring has Tigers rolling
While Norman’s girls soccer team hasn’t produced a high number of goals this season, the Tigers have spread the scoring load around enough that opposing defenses haven’t been able to stop them.
Norman, ranked sixth in Class 6A, has 13 goals in seven games with three players tied for the team lead with three apiece. Mackenzie Burkhart, Shiloh Farris and Ally Renfroe have combined for nine goals and Lauren Goodman has two. Overall, seven players have tallied goals for the 6-1 Tigers.
Of course, defense has been an obvious strength this season, allowing just three goals. The Tigers play Choctaw Tuesday before a battle at No. 2 Edmond North at 6 p.m. Friday. Both the Tigers’ and Huskies’ lone losses on the season came to out-of-state foes in tournaments.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6964Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6671Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6451Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients