Edmond honor: Landon Hallam, Memorial...
By Robert Przybylo
This was one of the tougher ones I’ve had to deliberate on. I pretty much knew someone from the Memorial baseball team deserved this honor, but who?
I’m giving it to Landon Hallam for his masterful performance on the mound Thursday against Enid.
Facing a tough road test, the Bulldogs won 2-0, thanks to Hallam’s brilliance. Memorial scored two runs in the first and let Hallam do the rest, earning him the Edmond Player of the Week.
But it could have easily went to Alex Hill for his pitching outing against Westmoore. Or Drew Dahlberg for how he has been on fire at the plate since moving to the two-hole.
Either way, the Kyle Roberts’ teams is scary right now. Figure when the rankings come out, the ‘Dogs should get a nice bump up for the second week in a row. Looking forward to getting to see plenty of Edmond baseball action at the Wood Bat Tournament this week.
Stuart Turnipseed, Memorial, Soccer: Last week’s winner did it again, scoring the game-winner in the huge showdown with Norman North on Thursday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients