Halbert, Ash help Choctaw win tourney
Choctaw won its 45th Annual Tournament on Saturday, beating Stillwater 2-1 in the championship game.
The Yellowjackets’ Josh Halbert, a Wichita State signee, gave up three hits, struck out three and walked just two in the title game, earning his second win of the tournament.
Halbert earned MVP pitching honors while teammate Ty Ash was named the tournament’s overall MVP.
Ash hit four home runs in the tournament.
Carl Albert finished third in the tournament, beating Norman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28347Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 17448Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7187OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5536OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4738Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3702Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3694Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3367Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3246Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients