West Metro POW: Casey Coyle, PC North baseball
Lots going on in the West Metro the last few weeks, and plenty of big performances.
Casey Coyle led the Putnam City North baseball team to a come-from-behind victory over Mustang on Tuesday with a big day at the plate. The Oklahoma signee was 2-for-3 with a home run, a double and five RBIs as the Panthers rallied from an 11-5 deficit in the final three innings.
At 12-5 for the season, the Panthers are holding steady in the Class 6A top 10, currently at No. 8 in the poll.
June Tigert, Mustang girls golf: Paced the Lady Broncos to a team tie with Jenks at the Jenks tournament, while winning the individual title with a 73.
Sawyer McKaughan, PC North boys golf: Shot a team-best 73 (tied for fourth individually) last week at the Edmond Invitational to help PC North to a third-place tie in the team race.
Kenny Awbrey, Yukon boys golf: Led the Millers with a 75 for a seventh-place finish as Yukon took fifth in the team standings.
Kollin Retter, Yukon boys track: Won the 110 hurdles and finished second in the 300 hurdles in a meet at Putnam City, helping Yukon to a team championship.
Yukon boys field athletes: Seven Millers finished in the top three in field events at the PC meet.
Putnam City girls sprinters: The PC girls finished second in the team standings at their meet behind Edmond North, but the sprinters took care of business. PC runners swept the top three spots in the 100-meter, the top two spots in the 200-meter, and they won the 400 relay and 800 relay, finishing third in the 1,600 relay.
Alex Shannon, PC baseball: Finished a single short of the cycle, going 3-for-4 with a homer, triple, double and two RBIs in a win over Edmond North last Monday.
Send West Metro POW nominations to email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients