Tennis: 6A boys is wide open...
By Robert Przybylo
I was going to make a big deal of my 1,000th post this week. However, it came on a serious matter regarding Edmond North softball coach Rick Nordyke and the complaints against him.
So this one is my 1,006th post. And if you’ll keep reading, I’ll keep writing. I enjoy the interaction with the readers through these blogs, so looking forward to that 2,000th post.
Let’s look at the week that was in tennis…
- The 6A boys race has the potential to be just as fun and tight as last year. Putnam North is strong 1-4, and nobody can touch Chris Haworth at No. 1 singles yet. The No. 2 doubles is going to be a struggle, so they’re going to have to get their points from the top four.
Union has great singles players, led by Marquette signee Logon Collins, but its doubles teams are lacking a little something. Opposite is true at Jenks as the Trojans have one of the best doubles teams around.
Also could be an Edlam showdown between North and Memorial. The Huskies are balanced while the Bulldogs’ doubles teams are top notch.
- Liked what I saw from the Jenks girls team last week. I’m giving the Trojans the slight edge on Edmond North right now, with Enid just a little far behind in third. If Lisa Waldron can play like she did last week, real good shot at a state championship.
- Bishop McGuinness isn’t going to be touched on the girls side. After watching them against Edmond North on Tuesday, the talent level has not dropped off. And why would it with Mia Lancaster (OU), Whitney Ritchie (OU) and Emily Conrad (Abilene Christian) anchoring that squad.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients