Irish: Girls golf shines at Kingfisher...
By Robert Przybylo
Farris, Irish victorious
Coming off a seventh-place finish in its own tournament Monday, the Bishop McGuinness girls golf team was eager to get back on the course.
The Irish made it count, winning the large schools portion of the Kingfisher Invitational on Wednesday.
McGuinness finished with a team score of 333, 46 strokes better than second-place El Reno.
To go with the team title, Caitlin Farris won the individual competition, shooting a 76. Teammate Hannah Tubbs was the runner-up at 83 as high scores were the norm on a windy day.
Kingfisher won the small schools competition, and Bethany Darrough of the Yellowjackets was the top individual placer.
Hmm, maybe Farris is trying to state her case for the Private Schools Player of the Week for next week. We shall see.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients