Santa Fe: Gunnar Nixon leads after Day 1...
By Robert Przybylo
Edmond Santa Fe track star Gunnar Nixon spends more time in other states than he does competing for the Wolves, at least it feels that way. Guess that’s what happens when you’re as good as he is.
Nixon is in Arcadia, Calif., for a big-time meet this weekend. Guess you could say it’s a good meet as 125 athletes who have competed at this meet have gone on to make the US Olympic team.
After day one of the decathlon, Nixon is leading by a 100 points over Brentwood, Tennessee’s Kevin Lazas.
1. Gunnar Nixon, 4,033 points
2. Kevin Lazas, 3,933 points
Gunnar’s results on Day 1:
100 meters: 11.15 (1st)
Long jump: 23 feet (2nd)
Shot put: 41-3 (6th)
High jump: 6-11 1/2 (1st)
400 meters: 49.59 (1st)
Gunnar’s father, Tim, said Gunnar is feeling good after the first day. The long jump is a personal record for Gunnar, and the only real disappointment was the shot put as Gunnar had fouls on two of his three attempts.
The day 2 events are the 110 hurdles, 1,500 meter run, pole vault, javelin throw and discus throw. Lazas finished third, first, first, tied for second and fifth in the first five events. Going to make for an exciting second day.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients