Ed North: Softball coach Rick Nordyke to remain head coach...
By Robert Przybylo
9:03 – Supporters of Edmond North softball coach Rick Nordyke had to be thrilled when the Edmond School Board came back a little after 7:30.
Always feel the shorter the deliberation, the more conviction in the verdict. And for Nordyke, he can take a deep breath and try to move on from this.
Nordyke was unanimously approved by a 5-0 vote by the board to stay the head softball coach for the Huskies.
“It was a 5-0 vote, and we feel it is the correct decision,” board vice president Charles Woodham said. “We’re happy to have him (Nordyke) back at North, and we’re glad it’s over.”
Woodham added that he feels sorry for any teacher, coach, administrative member when things reach this level, and the board just wants to move forward.
Former and current players rejoiced to the news, including sophomore Kady Self, who gave a heart-felt speech in support of Nordyke during the meeting.
Still trying to get in touch with Nordyke. For the full story, read Tuesday’s Oklahoman.
8:18 – Nordyke will remain the head softball coach for Edmond North by a 5-0 vote.
7:03 – We’ve been in executive session for about 35 minutes or so now, waiting to see what the Edmond School Board decides on the complaints against softball coach Rick Nordyke.
Just like last week, 10 people spoke in the public participation part of the meeting. This one was a little more even as Mark Messner and Jeff Fitch both spoke.
Messner’s daughters, Kadie and Taylor, and Jeff’s daughter, Kelsie, have been at the center of the controversy as the Fitch and Messner family both filed the complaint against Nordyke.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients