Private schools honor: Austin Katigan, Casady...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s tough for me to understand just what this senior year by these Casady kids has meant to the school. I start to get a much better understanding when I talk to them.
One of the boys leading the ‘redeem team’ has been Austin Katigan. And Katigan had a dream come true last week, being accepted into Dartmouth where he will play football.
Katigan is looking at either being a punter or wide receiver. That’s funny that they’re asking him to try out for both as they’re two very different positions.
Like I said last week, former Oklahoma receiver Jarrail Jackson has opened up the Dartmouth campus to Oklahoma recruits. Jackson is an assistant for Dartmouth.
Katigan won’t be going to Dartmouth alone as Bishop Kelley’s Joe Dowdell is also heading there.
Katigan and Dowdell will be heading to the campus in two weeks for the spring football game. For now, he’ll have to be content with being named the Private Schools Player of the Week.
Barry Sanders, Heritage Hall, Baseball: The Chargers have been one of the biggest surprises, entering the 4A rankings at No. 15 this last week. Sanders’ versatility is one reason why.
Dax Maroney, Bishop McGuinness, Baseball: The Irish lost a three-hour marathon at No. 1-ranked Class 5A Deer Creek 16-12, but Maroney had a great game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients