Future OU players leading Mustang girls scoring bonanza
Even in non-competitive matches, Mustang’s girls soccer team is finding ways to get better. The Broncos, ranked third in Class 6A, are coming off a pair of mercy-rule victories. Instead of having standouts Abby Hodgen and Bailey Boulware pad their stats (both are among 6A’s stop goal scorers), the team put responsibility for scoring on a bevy of players.
Six different players scored in a win over US Grant, four of whom scored twice (Boulware, Hodgen, Taylor Jester and Emily Witty). In the 10-0 win over Putnam City West a whopping eight players found the back of the net, with Hodgen and Witty each tallying twice.
As a result of the balanced scoring, Mustang is the only team in 6A with five players with four or more goals. Boulware, an Oklahoma signee, leads the way with 13, while Hodgen, who has committed to OU, leads in assists with 10 and had 12 goals.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients