Player of the week: Moore Zone
Moore Zone player of the week
Michael Moore, Moore
One of the school’s best all-around athletes, Moore placed first in the long jump and second in the high jump (although no one cleared a height greater than what he did), leading the Lions’ field event athletes.
Moore logged a leap of 22-11.75 to edge Tulsa Union’s Luke Snider by less than a full inch in the long jump. In the high jump, Moore cleared 6-foot, four-inches, the same height as winner Atavian Blakely of Putnam City, but Blakely was awarded the gold by virtue of judges ruling.
Julian Wilson, Southmoore
Wilson led Southmoore to the boys team title at the John Jacobs Invitational with a gold in the 200-meter run and a runner-up finish in the 100.
A football signee for Oklahoma, Wilson posted a time of 22.60 to win the 200 and ran a 10.90 in the 100, just five-tenths of a second off of the winning time.
Ethan Baker, Southmoore
Baker, a standout safety for the SaberCats’ football team, won two goals and a silver at the John Jacobs Invitational. Baker placed first in the 200-meters and ran a led in the SaberCats’ winning 400-relay team. The senior also was runner-up in the 400.
Derek Serowski, Southmoore
Serowski took first place in the 100 meters for the second time in two meets. The senior posted a time of 10.85 at the John Jacobs Invitational to take the gold and edge teammate Julian Wilson, one of the fastest sprinters in the state.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients