Norman, Norman North duo creating quite a rivalry
Distance runners Dustin Barrier, of Norman North, and Tanner Satterthwaite, of Norman, are giving fans their moneys’ worth when watching the two intra-city rivals square off.
Saturday, in the at the John Jacobs Invitational, Barrier came from behind to nip Satterthwaite by five one-hundredths of a second for second place in the 3,200 meters. In the 1,600, the two came in together as well, with Satterthwaite taking fourth and Barrier fifth.
The close finishes are becoming a trend for these two. At the Class 6A cross country meet in October, Barrier surged past Satterthwaite at the tape to take third, less than half a second ahead of Satterthwaite.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients