Oil Bowl rosters announced
The Oklahoma rosters for the 73rd Oil Bowl were released this week.
The game, featuring all-star teams from Oklahoma and Texas, will be played June 12 in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Two players on the Oklahoma team will be heading to Texas to play for Big 12 teams–Clinton’s Delans Griffin (Texas Tech) and Midwest City’s Dominque Jones (Baylor).
Other notable names on the team include Oklahoman All-State running back Darwin Rideau of Star Spencer, Southmoore’s Mason Myers and Del City’s wide receiver tandem of Chris McAlester and Donavan Dan.
Kingfisher’s Jeff Myers will coach the team.
Last year’s game was canceled due to lightning in the area.
QB: Jack Cameron, Tulsa Kelley; Matt Oberste, Sallisaw
RB: Delans Griffin, Clinton; Darwin Rideau, Star Spencer
WR: Donavan Dan, Del City; Joe Dowdell, Tulsa Kelley; Chris McAlester, Del City; Ronnie Price, Broken Arrow; Trey Wiley, Sallisaw; Jordan Woods, Kingfisher
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients