National soccer regional returns to state
For the second time in three years, Oklahoma will host a US Youth Soccer regional tournament. The US Youth Soccer Region III (South) tournament will be held in Broken Arrow this summer.
The event will be held from June 10 through June 13 at the Indian Springs Sports Complex.
Oklahoma City hosted a regional in 2007.
“We cannot wait to host the 2010 US Youth Soccer Region III President Cup in Broken Arrow and provide the teams and their families with the perfect environment for this great event,” said Tom Wedding, Oklahoma Youth Soccer Association second vice president. “Oklahoma Soccer Association is excited about the significant economic impact the Region III Presidents Cup will bring to Broken Arrow and the experience we will be able to provide to our guests from across the southern region.”
More than 2,000 players, 120 teams and 6,000 fans are expected. Under-13 through Under 17 boys and girls teams will compete. Winners will advance to the national tournament, to be played July 8-11 in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients