Santa Fe: Walter Henderson a story of perseverance...
By Robert Przybylo
Back here in Oklahoma after a spending a few days in Dallas. Doesn’t sound like I missed much as the weather halted a lot of the must-see events.
Hope you had a chance to check out my story on Edmond Santa Fe track star Walter Henderson in Friday’s paper, one of the more gratifying stories I’ve written.
Henderson’s story is someone who is truly taking advantage of a second chance in life and making the most of it. But what makes it more incredible is how he acknowledges it and appreciates it every day what the Deas family has done for him.
Believe it or not, in all my ramblings in Friday’s piece, there were some things left out.
- Football was his life, and he always thought it would be. But coach Carl Hawkins was the first coach Henderson had ever seen with such passion. “He wasn’t there because he was assigned to be or they needed someone there. He LOVES track.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients