Private schools honor: Bob Kraft, Heritage Hall...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s easy to get enamored with hitting in baseball. It makes for great highlights and sound bytes as we found out a long time ago ‘chicks dig the long ball.’
But you’re going to need some pitching if you’re really going to make a run, and that’s why I feel Heritage Hall has a great chance in Class 4A.
Leading that charge is Bob Kraft, who has been sensational on the mound all season and is a huge reason the team is 17-2 entering this week.
I’m hesitant to say Heritage is ranked No. 11 because I think it might move up a spot or two when the rankings are released here shortly.
Kraft has overpowered hitters, leading the team in strikeouts and has yet to face defeat and is earning the Private Schools Player of the Week. Though the offense deserves a nod as the Chargers scored at least 11 runs in all four wins last week.
For a look at how sophomore Barry Sanders came to love baseball, here is my story from Sunday’s paper.
Abbey Akin, Bishop McGuinness, Soccer: The Irish have a lot of deadly scorers but Akin might be the most feared one of the bunch. McGuinness hasn’t been challenged lately but will receive a big one Tuesday when Deer Creek is at the Irish (I’ll be there).
John Ratliff, Casady, Golf: Among all the top names in the state at the big events, his name keeps on sneaking up on the leaderboard. Would love to get a chance to see Ratliff in action one of these days.
(weather kept the list a lot shorter than normal, but if you know of anybody, let me know)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients