OKC Players of the Week: John Marshall boys track
BY RYAN ABER
The Oklahoma City Player of the Week is shared by John Marshall’s Steven Bay, Keyair Bolden, Emmanuel Denson, Elijah Gill, James Green, Keene James and the other members of John Marshall’s boys relay teams.
Those athletes all won events at Saturday’s Rock Creek Invitational in Sulphur, helping the Bears dominate the event in beating second-place Tecumseh 217-82 in the overall standings.
Bay and Denson won multiple events. Bay won both the 3,200 and 1,600 meter runs, while Denson won both the 300 and 110 hurdles.
James won the 100-meter dash as the Bears swept the top three spots in the premier event, with Bolden coming in 0.05 seconds behind and John Marshall’s Delante Scroggins finishing third.
Bolden on the 200, Gill won the 400, Green won the 800 and the Bears won the 400, 1,600 and 3,200-meter relays.
Zekeria Chism, Temisha Shoals and Jordan Smith, John Marshall: The trio each won events in helping the Bears complete the sweep at Sulphur. Shoals win the 200, Chism the 400 and Smith the long jump.
Deandre Vick, Douglass: Vick won both the 110 (15.39) and 300 (41.30) hurdle events at last Tuesday’s meet at Shawnee’s Oklahoma Baptist. His wins played a big part in the Trojans winning the meet, beating out Millwood 117-107.
Wisby, Douglass: Wisby won both the 200 (25.16) and 400 (59.04) at last Tuesday’s meet at Shawnee’s Oklahoma Baptist.
Have a player of the week nomination for an Oklahoma City athlete? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients