Norman North will be without standout to start playoffs
Norman North boys soccer standout Trevor Laffoon, one of the state’s top defenders before moving to midfield recently, will miss two to three games after suffering a concussion against Putnam City West last week.
The junior missed the T-Wolves’ 12-2 win over Shawnee and their regular-season finale against US Grant Tuesday.
“I may get to play some in the first round of the playoffs,” Laffoon said. “But it probably won’t be much and I’ll have to be real careful.”
Laffoon suffered the concussion going for a header when his head hit an opponent’s shoulder. The blow left him unconscious for eight minutes and required him to be transported to the hospital. When he does return, Laffoon will wear a soft protective headgear.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients