Sallisaw's Garrett Gladd commits to Stanford
BY RYAN ABER
Sallisaw offensive lineman Garrett Gladd committed to Stanford earlier this week, Rivals.com reported.
“I knew that people called it the ‘Harvard of the West’ and it was very prestigious,” Gladd told Rivals. “But all the things they do to help encourage, the whole support system for the students, and all the benefits they have that helps you get your degree really blew me away.”
Gladd (6-4, 280) becomes the second state player from the class of 2011 to commit to the Cardinal. Norman North defensive end Daniel Davis committed to Stanford in December.
Gladd also had offers from OU and Kansas.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients