Heritage: Girls tennis ready for stretch run...
By Robert Przybylo
Now you know I love tennis, love it. But even I would not have wanted to play in the wind Thursday. That was almost beyond ridiculous.
But there was a pretty good tournament going on as the Betsy Braver Invitational was happening at Heritage Hall. The girls played Thursday, the boys play Friday.
Almost had a Heritage Hall-Carl Albert finals sweep, but Anadarko’s Lexi Maytubby earned her way into the No. 1 singles final. Heritage’s Julie Labarthe beat Maytubby, 6-0, 6-1 in the championship.
The Chargers also earned titles at No. 2 singles with Carissa Villaflor and the No. 1 doubles team of Sarah Bowen and Kelsey Grace.
Heritage easily earned the team title with Carl Albert placing second. The Titans could make a run for third in 5A if the girls bring their best game. A very experienced group for CA (all six played at state last year and are in the same positions).
At Heritage Hall
Team scoring: 1. Heritage Hall 34; 2. Carl Albert 29; 3. Perry 21; 4. Edmond Santa Fe 18; 5. Anadarko 16; 6. Edmond Memorial JV 11; 7. OCS 11; 8. Guthrie 6.
No. 1 singles: Labarthe, HH, def. Maytubby, Anadarko, 6-0, 6-1
No. 2 singles: Villaflor, HH, def. Conover, CA, 6-1, 6-0
No. 1 doubles: Bowen-Grace, HH, def. McLaurin-Miller, CA, 6-3, 6-3
No. 2 doubles: Beechum-Nichols, CA, def. Gretsch-Moll, HH, 6-2, 6-3
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients