Deer Creek: Heath Boyd video...
By Robert Przybylo
Deer Creek’s Heath Boyd and Connor Patterson were the latest Antler athletes to sign to play college.
Boyd and his brother, Nolan, have helped build the foundation for the Deer Creek wrestling program. It culminated Friday with Heath signing to wrestle for Oklahoma City University.
“They’re getting a good one,” Deer Creek coach Andy Howington said. “Nobody is going to work harder than him.”
Patterson, the Antlers leading hitter the last three years for the baseball team, will attend Northern Oklahoma College in Enid. Deer Creek is ranked No. 1 in Class 5A this season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3362Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3190Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3174Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients