Heritage: Boys tennis maturing...
By Robert Przybylo
The Heritage Hall boys tennis team was in a rare spot this year as all six players from last year’s team returned. Now they’re starting to see the dividends.
The Chargers won three of the four titles and the team title at the Braver Invitational at Heritage Hall on Friday.
Junior Brandon Cohlmia defeated Lucas Swisher of Edmond Santa Fe for the No. 2 singles title in a tight 7-5, 6-3 match.
The No. 1 doubles team of Luke Howard and Bear Federman had the most impressive tournament, only dropping three games in the championship.
Santa Fe placed second while Carl Albert was third. The Titans received a No. 1 singles title from Austin Manger.
At Heritage Hall
Team scoring: 1. Heritage Hall 34; 2. Edmond Santa Fe 27; 3. Carl Albert 26; 4. Anadarko 16; 5. OCS 14; 6. Oklahoma Bible 12; 7. Edmond Memorial JV 8; 8. Guthrie 6.
No. 1 singles: Manger, CA, def. Borsky, HH, 7-5, 6-3
No. 2 singles: Cohlmia, HH, def. Swisher, ESF, 7-5, 6-3
No. 1 doubles: Federman-Howard, HH, def. Bowers-Tong, ESF, 6-2, 6-1
No. 2 doubles: Arceneaux-Shear, HH, def. Clark-Thomas, ESF, 7-5, 6-4
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients