Edmond honor: Adam Godwin, North...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s the final Player of the Week honor that won’t include state champions, so I wanted to reward one person from each school that may have been overlooked this year.
It wasn’t that these kids didn’t do special things all year, but they sometimes picked the wrong time to do them as picking the Edmond stars has been one of the toughest parts of the job.
With that said, let’s give the honor to North’s star distance runner Adam Godwin this week. Nothing Godwin did at the Metro Conference Championships should shock anybody. He easily won the 1,600 and the 3,200, winning the 1,600 by nearly 4 seconds and the 3,200 by more than 2 seconds.
Godwin has been incredibly consistent all year and has put North in a great position to make some serious noise at the state championships.
Tyler Price, Deer Creek, Baseball: Coach Ron Moore can’t say enough about this kid. Price has been Mr. Versatility for this team for years and proved it once and for all on senior night. Price played all nine positions in the Antlers’ 18-2 victory. Price will play at Hutchinson JC in Kansas.
Tara Lewis, Memorial, Track: Lewis, a lot like Godwin, has been sensational all school year for the Bulldogs. She continued her fine season by earning victories in the 800 and 1,600. In the 800, she won by more than 3 seconds and the 1,600 by just under 3 seconds.
Lucas Swisher, Santa Fe, Tennis: When you think of strong tennis programs, Santa Fe doesn’t exactly come to mind. However, Swisher has been a bright spot for the Wolves, both on and off the court. Swisher placed second at the Braver Invitational at Heritage Hall in his latest effort.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26512Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17561Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8879OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8492Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8412UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7605Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6228Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5649Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4993Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients