Private schools honor: Nikoli Jezdan, Heritage...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s the final week of Player of the Week honors that won’t involve state champions, so I wanted to give some kudos to people that may have been overlooked this year.
The obvious winner would have been Heritage pitcher Bob Kraft, but I think we’ve more than covered his great 20-strikeout outing against Casady. So went in another direction.
This week’s honor goes to Heritage Hall freshman Nikoli Jezdan, who had a big outing at the track and field regional at Watonga.
Jezdan placed fourth in the shot put and third in the discus throw for the Chargers. Sophomore Quintaz Struble placed fifth in the discus. The Chargers will compete at state in Ardmore this weekend.
Cale Shivers, Casady, Baseball: Been a vital part to the turnaround of the Cyclones in football and baseball. He was a gutsy quarterback that was never afraid to put himself out there. On the diamond, he’s the same way as a pitcher, unafraid to challenge the best of hitters.
Whitney Ritchie, Bishop McGuinness, Tennis: The way she has handled transition from No. 1 singles to No. 1 doubles has been admirable. Ritchie, now teaming with Trinian O’Neil, is now a part of the most dominant doubles team in the state and will be gunning for her fourth state title Saturday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7581Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7449Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6635UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients