State-final worthy matchup: PC North vs. Norman North
Two very convincing victories by Putnam City North and Norman North Tuesday set up a second-round boys soccer match worthy of a state final.
PC North, ranked No. 1 in Class 6A all season, walloped an Edmond Memorial squad — which was ranked second for much of the season — 3-0 in an opening-round match.
Meanwhile, Norman North blasted Yukon 8-1, setting up a quarterfinal meeting between the T-Wolves and Panthers Friday night at Norman North.
“That’s a dream game isn’t it?” said PC North coach Tom Pecore. “It will be a great game. The playoffs are extremely competitive this year. This was the best first round (of games) I’ve seen.”
Jaccob Rangel scored a pair of goals and center back Kevin Cabello added his team-best 12th score of the season. The win moved the Panthers to 13-1 on the season.
“It was a great game,” said Pecore. “The wind kept it closer than it should have been. But Kevin Cabello once again proved he is the best big man in the state and the boys played terrific. The wind hurt both teams, but as far as the run of the game, it was us all the way.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients