Tennis: Girls state preview...
By Robert Przybylo
Oh ye tennis gods, all I ask is a weekend of no rain and getting everything in. Friday begins the state tennis tournament at the OKC Tennis Center (my home away from home).
Here’s some thoughts and insights on what I believe will happen. And look for a story on Edmond North’s Ann Pepper in Friday’s paper.
Last year’s champs: Edmond North
The Huskies have a great shot at repeating this year. I’m expecting an all Edmond North-Jenks singles final with Rachel Mitcham against Lisa Waldron of Jenks at No. 1 and Pepper vs. Gabrielle Siegler of Jenks at No. 2.
Broken Arrow’s Jodi Blackim will have something to say about that and Enid might go and mess up everything, too.
Edmond Memorial was able to earn both doubles regional titles against rival North, which I found very interesting. The Bulldogs might end up keeping the Huskies off the top spot.
Prediction: Jenks wins a nail-biter, followed by Edmond North, Enid and Edmond Memorial.
Last year’s champs: Bishop McGuinness
There is no drama in this as the Irish should cruise to their 12th straight state championship. However, there will be drama at No. 1 doubles with Whitney Ritchie and Trinian O’Neil of McGuinness who could possibly take on Tulsa Edison in the championship.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients