Late-season surge ends for Westmoore girls soccer team
A great late-season run by Westmoore’s girls soccer team came to a close Friday in the quarterfinals of the Class 6A playoffs.
Third-ranked Mustang topped the Jags 2-0 to advance to the 6A semis. The Broncos will face Tulsa Union Tuesday for a berth in the finals.
With Lauren Vabolis and Mia Vabolis leading the way, Westmoore overcame a 1-4 start to the season by winning seven of nine games prior to Friday’s loss. Two of Westmoore’s three losses since the month of March came to the powerful Mustang squad and the other was by the narrowest of margins to Norman North in a shootout. The Jags close out at 8-7, but exit as one of 6A’s hottest teams at the end of the year.
Lauren Vabolis and Mia Vabolis each ended the season with a team-best tying 12 goals. Mia added a team-high eight assists. Chelsea Swisher added eight goals and five assists for the Jaguars.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17652Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13467Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11283Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10735'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10251Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10005Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6673Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6352Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6100Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients