Heritage: Girls soccer goes down in semis, 4-0...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, 2A boys golf in Hinton ended a lot earlier than I thought (dominated by OCS in every way possible) so I figured why not give this whole soccer thing another attempt with Heritage Hall and Verdigris in a Class 4A girls semifinal?
Chargers had the momentum as the boys won the 3A golf championship but once the game started, Verdigris showed why it is ranked No. 1 in the class.
The Cardinals dominated the second half, scoring four goals en route to a 4-0 victory at Heritage Hall to advance to Saturday’s championship.
Heritage had one real good scoring opportunity as Alex Hickey rifled a shot that bounced up on GK Abby Hahn, hit the post and trickled harmlessly out of play with 28 minutes left in the first half.
From that point on, it was all Cardinals, and more specifically, junior Emily Hahn. She controlled the game throughout and gave her team a number of great chances though Verdigris couldn’t capitalize.
One of those was a great stop by Heritage’s Meridith Harris to bail out GK Vandrea Davis with nine minutes left in the first half.
We were scoreless through the first, but it would take Hahn less than two minutes to find the net in the second half.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients