OCS: Jackson Ogle, Rustin Purser videos...
By Robert Przybylo
Oklahoma Christian School junior Jackson Ogle took all the fun out of the boys 2A state golf race at Sugar Creek Canyon in Hinton.
He was so possessed to claim the championship that everything else took a backseat – even a victory celebration.
When Ogle lost to Fairview’s Logan Herbst last year, he knew he would get another shot at it. And boy did he (and the team) make the most of it.
Ogle was so consistent that you might even say he was boring because that’s how steady he was in winning his first individual state championship.
He tied teammate Rustin Purser for the lowest round of the day (70), shooting 16 4s and two 3s in turning a one-stroke deficit after day 1 to a four-stroke victory against fellow teammate Alexander Hall.
The Saints dominated the field, shooting a 290 on the final day and winning by 66 (!) strokes for their second consecutive team title.
For much more on Ogle’s victory, go here.
And here is a video with Ogle:
Not to be outdone, Purser had the day of his high school career, shooting an ace on the par-3 No. 5 hole as part of his 70 en route to a third-place finish. Pretty good spot to pick for your first hole-in-one, no?
Here’s a video with Purser:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients