Random musings from a tired Boneman...
By Robert Przybylo
I guess I have angered ye tennis gods as we aren’t even close to starting the first round of the boys state tournament here at the OKC Tennis Center.
I admit I’ve needed some time to recover after getting home from Shawnee at a little before 2 a.m. from Class 4A baseball.
I thought for sure those games would be washed out at Memorial Park, but the Shawnee players and staff did a great job of getting the field ready. We were behind a good three hours, and the Fort Gibson victory against Lone Grove technically happened Friday, but we got it in.
- That was the first time I’ve seen Weatherford star Dillon Overton. He lived up to the hype in striking out 10 in five innings in a 7-0 win against Newcastle. He left with a no-hitter and struck out the side twice. Newcastle was overmatched vs. Overton.
- I like Berryhill to play Weatherford in the 4A finals. Pretty impressive to see the Chiefs go down 5-0 only to win 13-9 against Metro Christian.
- All that hard work by the Shawnee crew goes wasted as the 2A-4A games have already been postponed. Too much rain in one week. Not too bad as the 3A-4A semis will go Saturday at Shawnee with 2A at Dolese. Championships will be Monday.
- Here at tennis, we’re hoping for a 1 p.m. start. It’s not likely. It’s not a heavy rain, but a constant rain is a killer for tennis. I tried (one stupid time) to play in a light rain and nearly broke my ankle. Not fun just slippin’ and slidin’ like that.
- Hope to watch some tennis. The plan would be to do a round today, a round Saturday and semifinals/championships Monday. Here’s to hoping. Keep ya posted.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients