Chris Haworth (Putnam North); Edmond North dominate...
By Robert Przybylo
Sorry for taking so long. But as you can see, I’ve got some other issues to do deal with, too.
With that being said, how great was Monday’s tennis? That was some fun stuff though incredibly tough to try to track it all down.
No. 1 Singles – Chris Haworth, Putnam North, def. Casey Distaso, Edmond North, 6-2, 6-4
This was the best match I’ve seen Haworth play. And lemme tell ya something, that is saying a lot. He went back to the basics after a surprising regional loss to Union’s Logon Collins.
Haworth was on fire in this one, early and often. I truly believe Distaso played a solid match and would have beaten any other competitor on this day.
Distaso has so much fire in him. You have to be mentally tough to take him out because there is no quit at all with the Georgetown signee.
On this day, Haworth brought his A game. Fantastic stuff. His decision making was phenomenal in this one.
No. 2 Singles – Nate Roper, Edmond North, def. Bowen Xu, Edmond Memorial, 6-4, 6-2
The first set made me think we were in for a three-hour epic. Turned out we weren’t as once Roper collected himself and got over the state nerves, he was impressive.
Roper had a 5-2 lead in the first, but Xu showed why he was the No. 1 seed coming into the tournament. Xu has a real nice forehand that was giving Roper trouble.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients