Five players from Norman North's state champion boys soccer team earn honors
Five players from the Norman North boys soccer team, which won the Class 6A state championship Saturday, were selected to the District 6A-2 West all-district team.
Will Smith, Gus Jenson, Trevor Laffoon, JT Harrison and Taylor McCauley gave the T-Wolves the most players of any school selected to the team. All five players are juniors.
Smith led the state in scoring with 24 goals and scored the game-winner in Norman North’s final three games, including the state final.
Mustang had four players on the squad in Denny Landrum, Drew McElhaney, John Anderson and Jacob Strassle. Edmond Memorial’s Stuart Turnipseed, Jacob Stivers and Ty Stukey also made the team.
The rest of the squad is made up of Joshua Garcia and Martin Ochoa of US Grant, Eduardo Caballeros of Putnam City West, Taylor Vanderford of Westmoore, Chris Issac of Lawton Eisenhower and Shawnee’s Colby Anderson.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5240Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4958Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4288'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients