Private schools end year in style...
By Robert Przybylo
If you read my Edmond post earlier today, well, get ready for another copout. No Private Schools Player of the Week because we had championships and great outings left and right in this final week.
Who did you think deserved it?
I could have went with the Oklahoma Christian School boys golf team. The Saints were beyond dominant, winning by 66 strokes. Jackson Ogle was great, winning the individual championship. Rustin Purser had the hole-in-one on No. 5, what more could you want?
Well, Heritage Hall did all it could as the Chargers claimed the 3A championship. And Bogert’s boys held off Cascia Hall by 19 strokes.
Max Meyers was tied for fourth while Michael Helton was sixth and Bennett Beard was tied for eighth to lead Heritage, and it was the only class to go the full three rounds.
In soccer, the Irish girls had a dream season but fell short. McGuinness had beaten Bishop Kelley earlier in the season but the Comets earned a 3-1 win in the championship final.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients