Big Team Camp at Edmond North: Day 3...
By Robert Przybylo
What am I going to get up at 8 in the morning for now? The team camp at Edmond North has come and gone, and it was a great experience for the 13 teams.
I decided to cut out some of the video interviews Friday so I could instead watch the scrimmages more intently.
For those that missed it, videos with Hennessey’s Derrick Luetjen, Cashion’s Jeremy Seaton and Norman North’s Brad Valentino are up on NewsOK now.
Thoughts and Observations
- MVP of the camp: Bixby. The Spartans are in 6A and let everyone know about it this week. Bixby concluded the camp by scoring two touchdowns against Norman North while also forcing a fumble and intercepting a pass in the final play of the scrimmage. It was an impressive display by Bixby. Up until that point, thought Norman North had the best camp as TWolves had some great moments, especially hard hits on D.
- In the next scrimmage, Bishop McGuinness was dominant over Deer Creek. Running back LaRone Richardson scored both touchdowns for the Irish as McGuinness also picked off a pass and stifled the Antlers’ offensive attack. The McGuinness kids were probably the most vocal of any group this week, they were really into it with each play.
- The final scrimmage I got to fully see was Midwest City and Edmond North, and the Bombers speed was on full display. It’s tough to grade the Huskies accurately as Jared Benway is going to mean a lot to that team. However, James Flanders did score for the Bombers, and it was also funny to see Trevon Lewis playing fullback, a spot he will play this year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients