West Metro spring football roundup: PC West
We conclude the tour of the West Metro football clubs with a look at PC West.
The first thing that caught my eye at the Patriot practice I attended was the number of kids on the field.
“Two years ago, we had about 30 guys,” senior-to-be Ryan Cooper said. “Now we’re up to about 70. People are buying into what we’re doing. We have a lot more potential.”
Coach John Jensen credits his young, energetic assistant coaches for working to build a positive attitude around the team, and thus, bring out more kids.
There are several returning starters at important positions, including Cooper, Tevin Berry and Anthony Thomas at receiver. That gives returning QB Ray Young a familiar cast to throw to.
“Our offense is moving at a faster pace now,” Young said. “I’ve got to think faster and react quicker than last year. Playing quarterback comes natural, so it feels good.”
And the upcoming senior class is motivated to not close their careers with an 0-10 season as they’ve experienced the last two years. And that has helped to generate some excitement as the program tries to develop a winning attitude.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7196Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6116Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6096Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients