Gooch finishes strong at top amateur event
Carl Albert product Talor Gooch put together back-to-back 72s in the final two rounds of the Sunnehanna Amateur Championship in Pennsylvania to finish tied for 52nd in an event that regularly brings out many of the top amateur players in the country.
Included in the field — and the only other player with Oklahoma ties — was Oklahoma State’s Peter Uihlein, who was in second entering the final round and finished tied for seventh. Uihlein’s four-round total of 279 (1 under par) was four strokes off the pace of winner Bobby Hudson.
Gooch opened with a 74, then shot 77 on Friday before his pair of 72s on the weekend to finish at 295 in his first event back in action since hurting his ankle shortly after the state tournament.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients