Okies perform well at Great Southwest track meet
First off, thanks to Airick Johnson of Del City for sharing some photos of the Oklahoma team that competed in the Great Southwest Track & Field Classic a week ago at the University of New Mexico.
The Okies came through with some strong performances, including gold medals for a couple of Ardmore kids.
Ryan Minkley won the shot put with a throw of 59-10 1/2 and JyWayne Allen won the 400 meters in a time of 47.86 seconds.
Claremore’s Dwayne Golbeck was second in the high jump at 7-0. Tuttle’s Aspen Marical was third in the 300 hurdles at 44.37.
Edmond Santa Fe’s Walter Henderson was second in the Elite 200 meters at 21.50 and sixth in the Elite 100 at 10.81. Johnson was second in the 110 hurdles at 14.14 and Guthrie’s Emmanuel Robinson was fourth in the same event at 14.30. Robinson also took sixth in the regular 100.
That barely touches on all the podium finishes and other standout performances by Oklahomans last week. Here are the full results from this year’s Great Southwest Track & Field Classic.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5240Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4958Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4288'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients