Recruits were skeptical at first about conference realignment...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s much ado about nothing at this point when it comes to conference realignments with the Big 12, Pac-10, Big Ten, SEC, etc.
Latest word on the street is Texas will make it official Tuesday about joining the Pac-10, and you would assume OU, OSU and Tech will follow its lead. A&M sounds like it might be headed to the SEC.
Then there was a report this morning about the 10 remaining Big 12 schools staying intact after finding a TV deal that appeases everyone. Who knows?
But it’s all speculation at this point. Fun speculation and crazy if you start believing every Tweet you read. And in talking to some of the top recruits (David Glidden, Daniel Davis and Kentrell Brothers), they’re in the same boat as the rest of us.
Glidden of Mustang is an OSU commit and said if OSU goes out west it won’t change a thing for him. In fact, he’s pumped about seeing the west coast. He said he’s been to New Mexico and Colorado back when he was much younger but has never been more west than that.
Sadly, I have him beat. I haven’t been west of Amarillo, Texas.
When Glidden first heard about this, his initial thought was there was no way this could happen. It just didn’t make any sense, but he’s OK with it.
Wanted to get some thoughts from Davis because it would give the Norman North product and Stanford commit a chance to play at home possibly (would depend on the schedule).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients