Carl Albert: Ariana Smith safe and sound...
By Robert Przybylo
Carl Albert sprinter Ariana Smith was on her way to babysit her cousins when she got caught up in the flooding Monday morning.
There were some real tense times during her ordeal, but Smith survived and is physically fine.
As a sophomore, Smith qualified for the Class 5A state track meet in the 100 and 200 meters, as well as a pair of relay events last month. She was a regional champion in the 200.
For the full story, go here.
Here is a short video with Smith, following her rescue. Great to hear that she made it out OK as Monday had its fair share of scary moments for many people.
Videoview all videos
Jun 14Oklahoma City fire fighters rescued Ariana Smith this...
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 38644Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15211Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9740Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9154Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8873Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7777Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7381Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7081Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5938Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5914Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients